Among people aged 39 to 64, mobile devices have become as popular as television
The “Mind The Gap” report was created by GWI in cooperation with the finish. It shows that social media has become a key channel for discovering products and brands by Polish consumers. Advertisers, however, do not keep up with the changing media landscape. In 2021. Investments in mobile devices were underestimated by 44% compared to time, which consumers devote to the use of smartphones.
Poles are increasingly using mobile devices – these are the conclusions of the report. As it turns out, each of the surveyed age groups has significantly changed its preferences regarding the consumption of content. Starting from the representatives of the Z generation, and ending with the generation of the demographic boom.
Mobile devices have become an inseparable element of the lives of adult Poles
They spend 3 hours a day on using them statistically. They devote more than half of this time (62%) to browsing social media. These have become the main channel enabling discovering brands.
However, when the time of using individual devices with advertising expenses was compared, it turned out that mobile devices in 2021. were 44% underinvested.
– reducing the dispersion between the channels in which advertisers invest in, and where consumers actually spend time, is becoming more and more important. This is important both because of adaptation to the needs of the consumer and the effectiveness of the message. Changing the concentration of expenses and paying attention to mobile channels are particularly important in the context of the digital transformation of Polish businesses.
Social media and mobile devices have become an important online sales channel in a very short time. More and more Poles are reaching for a phone or tablet to watch products and shop. According to our report, almost half of the people from the and millennium generation in the country declare that during a typical week they buy a product online-says Agata Szeliga-Staszkiewicz, Head of Agency Partnerships, CEE at Meta Meta.
The fastest increase in the popularity of e-commerce and the use of phones is recorded among older age groups
I am talking about the generation of the X and the generation of the Demographic Deer. It was their representatives who became the main driving force of changes in the Polish media landscape. Among people aged 39 to 64, mobile devices have become as popular as television. The use of smartphones during online purchases increased by 39% in four years. Older Poles are also more and more willing to visit social networking sites. This is where they are looking for recommendations and discover new products.
– Our cyclical reports and analyzes clearly show that the importance of the Mobile channel in advertising expenses has been growing dynamically for several years. Still in 2019., When the advertising market in Poland was worth over PLN 9.8 billion, mobile devices accounted for less than 14% of this amount. Meanwhile, last year it was over 18% at the market value of PLN 10.5 billion. It is worth mentioning here that advertising in Mobile already accounts for 42% of budgets located in digital, i.e. catching up with advertising on desktops-says Iwona Jaśkiewicz-Młudder, Chief Investment Officer Publicis Groupe Polska.
Which could help advertisers meet the preferences and expectations of consumers?
The “Mind The Gap” report, in addition to sketching the media landscape in Poland, indicates such specific solutions. When planning advertising campaigns, it is worth:
– focus on testing new possibilities that e-commerce gives or automation,
– enable customers to go smoothly between real and virtual service channels,
– conduct and carefully analyze research on the effectiveness of advertising.